Stepz 2600 by Arlasoft is a homebrew action game made for Atari 2600.
In this game, you need to collect the key to free the princess, then make your way to rescue her. You will move your player when the force field is off, aiming for safe spaces. A bonus score is awarded depending on how quickly you reach the princess. You should follow these tips for a smooth play:
- You are only safe in the black areas of the screen.
- Don’t get caught in the middle of the force field when it regenerates.
- Take your time, but not too much. The forcefield is steadily growing.
- Hold fire to move at 2x speed, at the cost of one power charge.
- You get two power charges per level, and also when a life is lost.
- You have four lives to score as many points as possible.
- Use ‘Game Select’ to enable movement while the forcefield is active in easy mode.