Sometimes you just can’t believe it. Sometimes awesome things are being released and you have no clue about it. Sometimes it’s just amazing what people can achieve!
Turrican II by Sonic Sloth is a free and unofficial fan-remake of the PC-DOS version of Turrican 2 for the Amiga. This remake is not associated with Factor 5 in any way.
- 50/60hz action. All worlds. All enemies. All bosses.
- Reprogrammed from scratch.
- Full use of AGA enhanced 24 bit / 256 colour modes.
- The original games glorious music and sound effects.
- Support for 2 button joysticks, CD32 joypads and user definable controls.
- Three additional difficulty modes.
- Built-in trainer mode.
- Option to replace the DOS character sprite with the Amiga version.
- Option to look down to see blind jumps.
- Optional Gyro Jump controls enhancement.
- Restored parallax to Worlds 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 and 4-1 (missing in the DOS version).
- Restored animated cogs from World 4.
- Restored waterfall and underwater effects from World 1.
- Restored background scrolling in Worlds 3-2 and 3-3 boss fights.
- Hiscores and options are saved (WHDLoad and A500 Mini versions).
- Enhanced secrets. Find hidden drones and follow them. Find all 24 for a special gameplay unlock.
- An AGA Amiga (A1200/A4000/CD32) or emulator.
- 2MB of Fast RAM (floppy version)
- 8MB of Fast RAM (recommended for WHDLoad version)
- Or an A500 Mini
PAL runs at 50fps, NTSC at 60fps. As with the original, the PAL version is the intended experience. NTSC versions run slightly faster and are more prone to slow downs during heavy action, but is still quite playable.